Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The holidays are right around the corner

As the holidays are approaching us, I am jumping for joy inside. I love this time of year! Everyone is so much nicer and decorations and shopping and the smells. I love looking at all the decorations people take so much time to work on. I think we are even going to decorate this year. And the smell of everything begins to change with the change in the season. Every morning when I walk outside I can tell that the holidays are upon us with the smell of cold mixed with wood burning. I just love it.

So this year I think I am going to make two attempts to make my life easier. One, I want to have all my Christmas shopping done atleast two weeks before if not by the 1st of Decemeber. And I want to make a pledge to myself that I will continue to loose weight even through this time of candy and cakes and pies and fudge. Well, I plan on still eatting fudge, but I will just have one or two peices instead of 15! Yum, the thought of fudge gives me the urge to bake!
Although I am jumping for joy inside it is getting so scary, too! Christian is already 9 months old and cruisin all over. By Christmas he will be walking if not running and I know he is going to be more of a trouble maker than ever. It scares me to think that will be a year just shortly after the mad rush of the holidays.


As this mad rush approaches us I am trying to keep up with everything. So we went to the pumpkin patch with Christian a week and a half before Halloween. Is that considered keeping up, ahead, or on time? Well, whatever it is we got there. It was fun to watch him as he wondered why we were taking him on the side of the road with all the weird orange balls with stems coming out the tops of them and as he craweled around discovering them. I always wonder what he is thinking about.

So here are some pictures of the pumpkin patch! Enjoy them! And try to stay calm as we enter this mad rush that we call exciting!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenn, what a trio the 3 of you look like. I just want to squeeze little Christian. You guys look like quite a cute little family. I'm anxious to come down and see you, maybe in November.

I love you! Donna